11.12.2014

NEW Revlon Photo Ready Eye Art Review


Now first things first, understand I am a self proclaimed glitter junkie when it comes to makeup. So when I saw so many people hype these up on Youtube I have to say I was curious. Then I spotted them in my local Bed Bath and Beyond Harmon Section and I just HAD to snag one for myself. But ohhhh boy was I in for a surprise....




The color I deemed most beautiful is pictured above, Peach Prism. This product is double ended, one side containing a cream shadow & the other containing a glitter liner. The packaging is exactly the same as Revlon's several collections of dual ended nail polishes, if you are familiar with those.


The directions on the side of the product say LID + LINE + LASH, indicating this to be a 3 step eye look. While I love that concept, I have to say no mascara or eyelash product is included in this item... so maybe they should have left the LASH part off. Never the less, starting with the part of the product designed for the lid we will examine the cream shadow. The product is in my opinion not a cream at all, it is very thin and watery (in a good way) instead. The texture performs exactly as a liquid to powder formula. This type of formula I am very weary of as I have never really had a good encounter with it in eye shadow form. But, I gave this one a shot and I am glad I did. This shade is a beautiful peachy rose gold and will look absolutely stunning on all skin tones. It is very metallic, yet not glittery at all so it bounces back light on the eye in a very subtle and flattering fashion. The applicator is a doe foot and I applied it directly to the lid and then blended it out with my finger. To my surprise, this was not difficult to blend and lasted perfectly on my lid all day with zero creasing.


The glitter liner side of the product, the LINE step on the packaging, well it is a whole other story. I was so excited about the beautiful colors in the glitter and it is opaque enough for my needs as you can tell in the swatch below. It compliments the cream/liquid shadow beautifully, I really can not commend Revlon enough on the color pairing. Which is why I was even more disappointed when this product did not work for me. In fact I hate it. I don't say that often about a product, but I don't see how this glitter could work for anyone in any context. The problem is not the glitter particles itself, but the gel binder that contains them. I typically wear glitter liners on the center of the lid, or along the inner tear duct. However in both locations as soon as this sets it becomes tacky, and very uncomfortable. Not only that but it does not stay one. Within a matter of minutes the product separates and begins to peel away. This looks almost like when you get lash glue on your fingers and it beads and peels off. Absolutely terrible. My other gripe with this is if you are truly intending to line your lids with this then the applicator is way too large of a brush tip. There would be no precision found there. If you are looking for a good glitter liner from the drugstore I highly suggest the ones from Essence which I adore, and are much cheaper at around $3.


Overall Rating: 2.5 out of 5

While I love Revlon as a brand, this product just was not worth it to me. I will keep it since I do love the cream shadow side, but I will not be repurchasing or picking up other colors. Overall, I think there are better alternatives at the drugstore and I would skip out on this release for sure.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

www.youtube.com/mckenziepmann
instagram: @gnomebusiness
twitter: @mc_gnomeski
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iamalizarin



FIN

4 comments:

  1. I should have read your review before I picked up 2....You were right, they just didn't perform and I can get NYX or Wet and Wild glitters that are beautiful...these just weren't there for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I didn't get a notification for your comment! Yea.. these were def a miss. Oh by the way if you love glitter check out the essence gold rush crystal liner! It's a staple for me and so inexpensive xo

      Delete
  2. I cant seem to open the glitter end..anybody else had this problem? overall I like the cream shadow end...b1g1 50 % off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any issues with opening them.. you should take it back! xo

      Delete