9.02.2014

Target Up & Up Brush Review


Hi everyone! I am back again with another brush review!! I heard about the Target Up & Up brushes from MrsLolaLynn on youtube and decided to give them a shot. I have had these for about a month now and have both spot cleansed and deep cleansed the brushes so I could give them a proper review. These brushes are very affordable and all synthetic fibers. The lot of these brushes were purchased in two seperate "kits" and one single. Let's get on with it!



1. Up & Up Complexion Kit $11.99 (excuse the powder brush in the photo)

-Rating 4 out of 5 stars.

Pros: This is a great kit for anyone looking for affordable face brushes or someone who is starting their personal makeup bag from scratch. It consists of aangled blush brush, foundation brush, setting brush, and concealer brush. A complete face kit for 11.99 is hard to beat. I have broken my review into each individual brush below, but all are very soft and so easy to use. The brush ferrules remain sturdy and secure even after washing and daily use. Also, I have not experienced shedding from any of the brushes in this kit.

Cons: My only gripe with these brushes as you will be able to tell from the photos, is that when they are washed up, while the makeup residue completely is cleaned out some of the stains remain. This does not bother me to much for my personal use, because I know they have been thoroughly cleaned. However, because of this I would not use these in my freelance kit. I don't want any clients with a weary set of eyes on my brushes!


-The Angled Blush Brush

Pros: This brush is just as incredibly soft as all the others in this line. The shape is wonderful for apply blush and bronzer due to its angled contour shape. The soft bristles allow product to be blended easily.

Cons: This brush is quite dense, so it can apply a lot of product at once. That being said, it is so soft that the product can easily be blended away. This brush also has the slight staining factor.


-The Setting Brush

Pros: I am going to sound like a broken record here but once again SO SOFT. The small, slightly flared shape of this brush makes is perfect for setting under eye concealer.

Cons: The brush is set up like a "fluffy" paddle brush, so I find it slightly less effortless than my elf blush brush for setting the under eye. This being said, it still gets the job done right. Once again. this brush stains as well.


-The Concealer Brush

Pros: The small paddle shape of the brush head makes it great for carving out the lip line or brow.

Cons: Other than the staining, I do not like this brush for undereye concealer or even to cover blemishes. Not because this is a bad brush, just because I prefer something like a miniature kabuki (buffing) style concealer brush.


-The Foundation Brush

Pros: Even though paddle brushes are not my favorite method for applying foundation, this one does a great job. An even application of foundation can be achieved using the cross hair motion. Also if you have a lot of peach hair on your face this type of brush application is your friend, blending straight down with lay down the little hairs and make them less noticeable than a buffing brush would.

Cons: Only the stains.


2. The Powder Brush $6.99

-Rating 4 out of 5 Stars.

Pros: Optimal size and density for all over powder application. This will give you a medium coverage application of powder, which is perfect for my everyday routine. The brush is impeccably soft and blends powder products like a dream.

Cons: Only the staining factor mentioned previously.



3. Medium Shadow / Smudge Brush Duo $4.99

-Rating 4 out of 5 Stars

Pros: Both brushes are the perfect density for applying shadow to the lid and outter v area. The smudge brush also works great for blending out the lower lashline.

Cons: These stain just like all the others. Also, the smudge brush is much larger in size than a typical smudge brush. If you have smaller eyes this could be an issue.

Overall, I really love these brushes for my personal use as I have stated. Even though they are clean I would not want to put a stained brush on my clients face. All the brushes are so soft and generally work very well for their intended purpose. They are very affordable and easily accessible to anyone in reach of a Target. All the ferrules remained sturdy after washing and use, and I have experienced zero shedding. Overall, I give the line a 4 out of 5 stars mostly due to the stain factor. I really hope this helped you guys out! Please let me know any other products you would like to hear my thoughts on!

As always thanks so much for stopping by and make sure to check out my youtube channel for tutorials and other fun beauty videos! xo

www.youtube.com/mckenziepmann

instagram: @gnomebusiness
twitter: @mc_gnomeski
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iamalizarin




FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment