10.05.2013

a look: fresh faced for fall

Most associate fall looks with heavy or dark makeup trends. However, that is not always the case. A fresh face is always on trend. This look shows you how to rock a red lip as your statement piece, while still being daytime appropriate. Try it. I dare you.

All products will be listed below, but I encourage you to go through your stash and incorporate products that are already in your collection. 

 


the eye look:
- pack a peach shade all over the lid. I used Toxic from the new Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette.
- sweep a matte transition shade that is best for your skin tone through the crease and blend upwards. I used Habit from the same Vice 2 Palette.
- pack a matte highlight shade that is best for your skin tone under your brow for a subtle highlight. I went with NYX Nude Matte Shadow: 01 Birthday Suit.
- sweep a soft gold shadow along your lower lash line. I chose Half Baked from Urban Decay.
- using a detail brush or a q-tip pop a tiny amount of a champagne shimmery highlight in your inner tear duct. I used Habit from the Vice 2 Palette.
- tight line your upper lash line with a black eyeliner to make your lashes look naturally full. If you are uncomfortable with this technique then skip it. I used Jane Cosmetics Water Resistant Eyeliner in Black.
- apply several coats of your favorite mascara to upper and lower lashes. I applied Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess: Blackest Black and Smashbox Photo Op Eye Brightening Mascara.


the brows:
- keep the brows soft and simple by skipping the brow pencil for the day and opting for a brow powder instead. If you do not own a brow powder a matte soft brown (depending on hair color) eyeshadow will work wonders. I chose the Brow Fix Kit by Milani Cosmetics.
the lips:
- carefully fill in your lips with a mid-tone neutral red (this will go great with all skin tones). I suggest using a matte shade as it will last longer and will not bleed. I chose to skip the lip liner because I have found no need for one with this product. I used the beautiful new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 250 Standout.

So there you have it! Incredibly simple and so fresh! I encourage you to try this look your self and send me a picture of your recreations! I would love to see! All my social media will be listed to the right of this page and don't forget to hashtag #iamalizarin .

   If you happen to be interested in the products that are on the rest of my face:
   - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer
   - Maybelline Super Stay Makeup 24hr: Porcelain Ivory
   - Maybelline Super Stay 24 Concealor: Ivory
   - Loreal True Match Super Blendable Concealor: Fair/Light C-1-2-3
   - Revlon Nearly Naked Powder: Fair
   - Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
   - Physicians Formula Bronze Booster: Light/Medium
   - Nyx Nude Matte Shadow: Tryst (as contour powder)
   - Benefit Box Powder Blush: Rockateur
   - MAC Mineralized Skin Finish: Lightscapade

No comments:

Post a Comment